- Getting started with TealinuxOS
- TealinuxOS Installation
- Migration and Upgrade
- Introducing Desktop Environment
- Settings and Options
- Default App Introduction
- Network and Internet Connection
- Printing and Scanning
- Managing Installed Apps
- Maintaining Computer Securoty
- Administrative Tasks
- Command Line
Maintaining Computer Securoty
Some tips to keep your computer safe are:
Even if you have a very difficult password to solve it would be nice to stay alert by changing your computer password periodically, the steps are as follows:
→ Settings → User and Groups
Click your username in the list
Change in Password settings
You can choose
set password by hand if you want to enter your own password or choose
Generate random password to choose password randomly.
Locking the screen when about to leave the computer is very important to avoid someone accessing your computer. To lock
→ Lock Screen or Click
user name on panel
→ Lock Screen .
Firewalls help prevent security breaches by blocking connections from unknown sources. In the initial conditions Firewall is not running but you can install applications like Firestarter or others.
Here are some tips for keeping safe online:
- Never reply to unsolicited email (spam, fraud or phishing email) or click on a link in an email. Usually you will be sent more spam email if clicking link in email.
- Never click on links in emails asking for your password or other confidential information. This allows you to point to open addresses (possibly dangerous). Instead, type a link directly into your own web browser and proceed from there.
- If a website asks for your financial details, make sure that it is secure. In the Firefox web browser, the secure site has a lock icon to the left of the address. Click on the padlock to read more information about website security.
- Just download and run software from sources you trust.
Possible problems are loss of files or data due to settings for one reason or another. The causes of data loss are numerous and varied; eg during a power failure to accidentally delete a file. It is strongly recommended that you backup your important files, if you encounter the problem, you still have the backup.
We recommend storing backups of files separately from your computer; such as CDs and DVDs, external hard disks, USB disks or other computers.
The easiest way to back up files is to manually copy them to a secure location using File Browser and Archive Manager to compress files and wrap those files. Alternatively, you can use a special backup application.
Tips when backing up data:
- Back up regularly
- Make sure it’s made correctly
- Label the backup clearly and keep it in a safe place
Edit this page on Github